Stevenson Catalyst 60554:
• As of 11-16-18
• Top 10 ORIgen option for Calving Ease Direct EPD
• Top 1% for $Weaned calf value index, top 5% for Weaning Weight EPD, top 10% for Calving Ease Direct EPD, top 15% for $Beef value index, Calving Ease Maternal EPD, Docility score EPD and hot Carcass Weight EPD, top 20% for Birth Weight EPD, maternal Milk EPD, reducing Mature Weight EPD and Yearling Weight EPD, top 25% for $Feedlot value index and better than breed average for reducing Mature Height EPD and Scrotal Circumference EPD
• The sire of more sons than any other sire in the fall 2018 Stevenson Angus Ranch Bull Sale, this new generation Stevenson herd sire portrays exactly the optimum balance that four generations of the Stevenson family have aimed to breed and market and he checks all the boxes while improving phenotype, body dimension, structural soundness and maternal opportunity.
• A member of the most legendary flush ever created at Stevenson Angus, four full brothers have been retained for in herd use and his second generation Pathfinder dam has a superb maternal legacy and she is a sister to ORIgen and ABS highly- proven calving ease sire Stevenson Rockmount RX933, Stevenson Hero I216U and Stevenson CE Deluxe 1914 and she has weaned four natural calves with an average ratio of 105 and her dam, the foundation Stevenson Pride, has four natural calves with an average weaning ratio of 103 and an average yearling ratio of 111.
• Full brothers include the $70,000 featured CRI sire Stevenson Turning Point and the $37,500 high selling two-year-old from Fall 2017 sale the ORIgen and Joseph Angus featured sire Stevenson Premium 60374 with another flush brother selling for $41,000 as the top-selling bull of the Stevenson Spring 2017 Bull Sale as a yearling.
• Maternal brother Stevenson Templeton 3308 was the $28,000 high selling two-year-old from Fall 2014 Sale selected by Vin Mar Angus in Nebraska and now featured in the BEEF 360 marketing program.
• Darrell describes Catalyst as combining tremendous maternal power that will sire the foundation kind of daughters, a multi-trait leader for calving ease and performance with a fault free design, clean front, powerful hip and big body while being athletic, easy fleshing and graceful in motion