Thomas Big Data 7435:
• As of 11-16-18
• Top 10 ORIgen option for Calving Ease Direct EPD
• Top 3% for $Weaned calf value index, top 10% for $Beef value index, $Feedlot value index, Calving Ease Maternal EPD, maternal Milk EPD, Residual Average Daily Gain EPD and Calving Ease Direct EPD, top 15% for Weaning Weight EPD and Yearling Weight EPD, top 20% for $Grid value index and Rib Eye area measure EPD, top 25% for hot Carcass Weight EPD and reducing Mature Weight EPD and Birth Weight EPD, percent Heifer Pregnancy EPD and reducing Mature Height EPD
• This son of the now-deceased Weigh Up brings the ability to add pounds with outstanding feed efficiency and could be the best herd bull prospect ever produced in the 70 year history of Thomas Angus Ranch.
• With impressive growth curve bending EPD values and bio-economic indexes in the American Angus Association database, it is no wonder that his $Profit index of $20,953 in the Leachman system is elite and ranks well above the top 1% of the Angus breed and accurately describes his unique ability to improve multiple profit improving traits simultaneously!
• To further validate his predicted performance, this unique and valuable individual that sold half interest for $100,000 in the 2018 Thomas California Bull Sale was the best bull for measured feed efficiency in the inaugural bull test at the Thomas Angus Ranch new Feed Efficiency Testing Facility where he gained 5.06 pounds per day with an adjusted feed to gain of 3.29 pounds of dry matter per pound of gain in a test group with an average ADG of 3.70 pounds per day and an average of 5.12 pounds for adjusted feed to gain and his cost of gain at $.281 per pound blew away the test group that had an average cost of gain of $.413 cents per pound of gain.
• Thomas Big Data is living proof that feed efficiency outliers can be identified that do not give up the other basics of beef production and he will be an important part of the future for the Thomas family.